Friday, August 11, 2006

Reunited and it feels so good

"Acchhh! Stop! Stop!"

The pathetic cries of that insipant troll Morph did nothing to deter my wraith. But I did want to find out why he had tricked me. I released the crumpled metal beams I had wrapped around him to crush out his very life.

"Why did you set me up?!" I shouted. Sky's astral form had seen me with Morph in his Mystique form. She assumed it was really her. I still didn't believe Mystique would betray me but I had to find out. I also had to recover that last chip.

"Okay, okay. Don't get so steamed, huh? It was just a joke. Toad told me you'd love it."

"Toad?!" That mal-formed, insolent, foul-smelling . . "Was Toad working with anyone else?"

"Not that I know of. I swear, it was just a joke."

I thought about killing the fool Morph right then and there but I realized there was a better use for him. I let a broad smile cross my face.

"Now that you mention it, Morph, that joke was rather funny. I was just a little startled at first."
He breathed an audible sigh of relief. "That Toad is such a kidder. In fact, I think you should return to my Brotherhood base and let him know how funny I thought it was."

"I'd like to, but I have to meet up with my team, the Exiles."

"Take them too," I told him, clasping a friendly hand on his shoulder.

After Morph had gone I contacted Lin and she told me where Sky was. I tried to explain that Toad had set us up but she didn't seem to believe me. What a shameful day when a guy's own killer death-bot girlfriend won't take his word for something. I briefly considered trying to reprogram her but I really wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardize her personality.

"Have you ever been to Germany?" I asked.

"Not in this form," she answered.

We headed for the Cyberdyne Europeon headquarters where Lin had told me the Ulton chips might be. Sky accompanied me and we eventually checked into a fine hotel that knows me well. Immediately she plugged into the local Internet system and was soon able to access the local Cyberdyne encrypted network.

"The chips are not located in this facility," she announced after a few minutes. "They must be at the New York or Sydney facility. We can proceed to one of those other locations."

I shook my head and wrapped my arms around her. "Or we can let the others do their jobs investigating those bases while you and I spend some time together."

I proceeded to kiss the back of her neck. Suddenly her body went tense. "Members of the F.B.I just entered the building with German Police. It seems they have your name in the Internet system to be flagged if ever used. Shall I terminate them and then return so we can continue?"

"No, then they would just send more police and we wouldn't be able to enjoy ourselves. I have a base in London where we can spend some quality time."

"What about the chips?"

"I doubt Cyberdyne can do much of anything with them. Nonetheless, we will recover the chips. Our allies will find them and then we will take them. In the mean time, we have some other very important things to take care of."

I leaned down and gave Sky a long kiss. Footsteps clomping throught the hall outside were clearly audible. Sky and I walked to the open veranda and I used my magnetic powers to lift her body into the air as I held on. As we floated off over the city, I contacted my Brotherhood and told them to rendevous with me in London in 24 hours. And I told them to bring the Exiles.

6 Comments:

Blogger Erifia Apoc said...

I don't know if its just me, but for some reason Toad reminds me a lot of Darth Maul. I mean, a lot. *Shrugs* Coolio anyway. Good-luck with that morph guy. He seems like a confusing fellow.

6:32 PM  
Blogger captain koma said...

Thats it enjoy yourselves while I try and hack through this dampner. Which could kill me at any moment. NOt to mention the fact that Lindsay and Lin are in trouble. Alos that it seems that Henchman doesn't even have a chip and that Cyberdyne have been stringing everyone on.

But no you go off and enjoy yourselves.

Koma.

I'm seriously pissed off here.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Local Henchmen 432 said...

I told you.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Swamp Thing said...

The Exiles? That group seems so incompetent. Chances are they've been permanently stranded in some other reality belonging to one of their own by now, when righteously fired by those idiot Timebreakers [who make the Monitors seem like Einsteins in comparision], I'd imagine. They probably don't even have the Tallus on them now. Don't hold your breath waiting for Morph to ever come back, Magneto...

If you do want to work with the Exiles so badly, get used to the idea of being allied with Wolverine --several of him/them!

2:08 AM  
Blogger TX said...

glares at swamp thing

glares at erifia

Koma.. if you require assistence

glares at henchman

12:04 PM  
Blogger Legolas said...

Otters aren't awesome, they're Ottsome.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters