Saturday, July 15, 2006

Ultron's Days Are Numbered

My assault on Ultron's base is blurred in my mind. I was possessed by such an all consuming rage that I acted without conscious thought. All I can recall of my rescue is vague images. Mostly mangled robot parts and destroyed machines.

Sky was nearly dead when I found her. I managed to extricate her from Ultron's torture device and get her back to our safe-house before her life functions ceased though. Her body generated a protective cocoon while she went into her healing mode. It was rather similar to the shell she had generated the last time she was seriously injured, when she merged with Dr. Katelynn Basil to form her new cyborg entity. The difference this time is that she had enveloped me inside the cocoon with her, rather than Dr. Basil.

The whole time I was in that shell with Sky, my mind was in a sort of quasi-dream state. I was only half aware of where I was and unable to make any assertive act. I found myself thinking about my family - my parents back in Poland, my deceased wife, my twin children. For some strange reason I felt remorse to them. Like perhaps I hadn't been a good father.

I know now that is preposterous. After all, I included them in my plans to take over the world. That is, until the rejected my vision, those traitorous bastards. Not that I would ever tell Wanda that. The girl is fragile and incredibly powerful. A dangerous combination.

When Sky and I finally emerged from the cocoon I felt refreshed, rejuvenated. Like a man of only 20 years again. There was also a sense of peace and contentment which thankfully passed quickly.

"We must hunt down Ultron and destroy him!" I shouted to my assembled Brotherhood.

"What about her?" Mystique asked snidely, pointing to the floor.

I turned to see Sky sleeping peacefully on the ground. She looked so innocent. Not at all like a death dealing cybernetic machine from the future. "Have her dressed and taken to my chambers," I ordered. "Contact Captain Koma. Tell him to rendezvous with us at the old abandoned warehouse north of Ultron's base. Here are the coordinates. Oh, and tell him to bring all his troops."

"But Magneto," said Toad. "Aren't your powers enough to deal with a metal robot like Ultron?"

"While I was merged with Sky I was able to access the memories of her interactions with Ultron. He knows of my powers and his vulnerability to them. Ultron has created several different experimental vessels to hold his consciousness. Two of them are vulcanized synthoid rubber compounds. Incredibly strong and non-metallic. He is incredibly intelligent and he knows that I decimated his base. I have no doubt he will build an army of them. Now go!"

6 Comments:

Blogger Sage said...

Magneto, maybe if you changed your outfit to black there would be a few less beings after your head. Since black would help you strike fear in to the hearts of all those (villians) who oppose you.
Well say hello to sky for me, and just a head's up Mystique slepts with iceman.

2:57 PM  
Blogger TX said...

Hi Sage...

Magneto I do not want to stay behind

2:35 PM  
Blogger Kon-El said...

ya know call me nuts but I think Ultron has a thing for the TX

7:35 PM  
Blogger World of Khaos said...

YOU, MY FRIEND! STAND BESIDE ME AND WATCH THE FALL OF THE X-MEN AND HOMO-SAPIEN SCUM!!!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Spider-Man said...

Hey Khaos, whatcha been reading? Lame Taglines for Dummies?

3:46 PM  
Blogger captain koma said...

I have to agree Webhead. Thats below evil villain speak 101. I passed that years ago.

Its in a correspondance course set up by AIM, Hydra, and The Latverian College of Villainry.

Years ago Dr Doom realised that all the villains were just copying him. So he got together with AIM and Hydra and decided to put the course together.

It covers all the basics, hidden lairs, gloating, monolog deterants, international loopholes. It also has some advanced courses too.

I finished the course in 2000. I'm currently doing a post-grad degree in world domination.

Koma.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters